Sherry the Author
Sherry Peters has lived most of her life in Winnipeg, Canada. She’s been writing stories from the time she held her first pencil. It was after reading L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables that Sherry knew she was destined to be a writer. Her first “chapter books” ranged in subject matter from the hijacking of the Space Shuttle to the re-animation of millions of dinosaur skeletons.
Childhood family vacations across North America stirred wanderlust and a desire for adventure. Among the trips that have had the most impact on her life and her writing was the year she spent living and working in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Her writing adventures include attending the Odyssey Writing Workshop and earning an M.A. in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University.
Her debut novel Mabel the Lovelorn Dwarf placed first in the 2014 Writer’s Digest Self-Publsihed e-Book awards for Middle Grade/YA, and was a nominee for the 2015 Aurora Award for best YA Novel.
Sherry the Coach
I am a Success Coach for Writers. I work with writers who are committed to breaking through their writer’s block to increase their productivity and achiever their writing goals.
Through powerful conversations, I will help you tap into your creativity, motivation, and productivity. Together, we will design the future you want to live, and the road-map to reach it with confidence.
As a Success Coach for writers, I combine my experience as a writer with my training as a coach. I promise to bring my love of process and passion for working with writers to every session!
Basic Principles fundamental to my practice:
- People make the best choices available to them.
- Behind every behavior is a positive intention.
- Change is inevitable.
- Everyone is capable of being the best version of themselves.
- People already have all the resources they need within themselves to get whatever they truly want.
- If it is possible in the world, it’s possible for me. It’s only a matter “how”
- There is no such thing as failure. Only feedback and an opportunity to learn.